My name is Emma Thomas-Hancock, I am the Mile Oak Wanderers Welfare Secretary, I am also the mum of twin daughters who play in the under 14 girls team.
I have been the welfare secretary for almost 2 years. Welfare Secretary is a very important role for the club and it is important that you as coaches and parents know who I am and how to get hold of me.
My phone number is 07951742706
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Why might you need to contact me?
- You have a concern about the welfare of a player, parent or coach? You may have seen or heard something that troubles you.
- You are worried about your own child’s welfare, they’re unhappy in the team, having problems with team mates or their coach.
The golden rules of safe guarding are:
1) ALWAYS SHARE A CONCERN OR WORRY The club has fantastic support from the Sussex FA, you can trust that your concerns will be dealt with appropriately and sensitively.
2) NEVER investigate a concern yourself, please pass in on and we will deal with it.
3) If you think a child is in immediate danger do not hesitate to CALL 999 and update me later.
Mile Oak Wanderers and the Sussex FA takes our safe guarding responsibilities very seriously. I had to undergo training to become a welfare secretary. Our Club Secretary Stuart Berry and our Chairman Andy Newman have also been on the same training. All our coaches are CRC (DBS) checked and trained in safe guarding. We are strict rules about use of social media and what’s app. We also have a code of conduct for coaches, players and parents. All this information can be found on our website.
Other useful contacts for you to have are:
NSPCC - 0808 800 5000
Sussex FA County Welfare Officer - 01903 768578 or email Safeguarding@SussexFA.com
Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.